Re: gac experiment

On Feb 02, Christian 'HERZ' Makowski wrote:
| I am now 5 Years on IRCnet and 2 Years on this Mailinglist and follow exactly
| every Mail on this List, and i must say , that the most coders of ircd hang
| and idle around on #eu-opers or something
| else and dont see the reality on IRCnet !
| So whats the Deal ?

HAH!

you make it sound like there are so many coders, why don't
things get fixed faster?
i used to be on #eu-opers until i realized it was no longer a
place where i could discuss things with opers.

| 1995 - 1997 - Serverop Takeovers - fixed due blocking temporally channels on
| split !  Good work !
| 1997 - 1998 - Massive Cloning - Flooding - Pornspam with Open Proxys - fixed
| with iauth sockscheck ! Good !
| 1998 - 1999 - Channelovertakes due Massive Collides - Lagcolliders - Not fixed

a little skewed, but not much.
it took all of 98, and part of 99 for 2.10.x to mature.  this
isn't as bad it sounds, but the problem is more:

1999-2000 - still nothing.

as many already know, i've lost motivation and haven't been
writing any real code for about a year now.
only few people helped before (and mostly with testing), so
it shouldn't be a surprise that noone is writing any code at
all these days.  i still hope that it'll change a little, but
there isn't much i can do about it.

| I must say , the one and only who has really do some good things on IRCnet to
| prevent Channeltakeovers is Guenthi with his gac patch, he *knows* whats
| happened on IRCnet !

only because you don't see what has happenned with 2.11, of
course, if i hadn't lost motivation for ircd coding, we would
already be playing with alphas, and you would eventually even
be deploying it on IRCNet already.

| I wish some Opers, Coders  would wake up and see whats usefull and whats
| useless on IRCnet.
| Well , i know i was one of them, who has do many abuse things on IRCnet , but
| i have stop it , and would help to make

noone's stopping you from becoming a coder.

| Just my Point of view ... now think about it.

here's more to think about.