Re: gac experiment

On Tue, Feb 01, 2000 at 10:18:27PM +0100, Thomas Kuiper wrote:
> On Tue, 1 Feb 2000, Jochen Kaiser wrote:
>
> > It's working perfectly for up to 1600 users here in Erlangen and on
> > netsurf it's working, too.
>
> right, you just forget the other 40000+ users outside your servers.

and you are being polemic again. give me numbers. network band-
width and increase of usage when a server uses gac.

and additionally: so what: this is ircnet we are speaking of.
bandwith will be no problem in the future ...

Don't think we are too stupid to see that changing server-code
is highly flamable. But ircd-development is a dead king on the
throne. And the country outside is fading away ...

So it's normal and in my eyes understandable that revolutions
occur ...

> > If it's just about carrying the discussion from #opers to this
> > mailinglist - just stop it. There are more important things
> > right now to discuss then one branch of the ircd code.
>
> I never supposed to start a discussion. I just liked to
> present you the fact that such patches can break the net
> if they get in the wrong hands. Which obviously can happen
> very fast. That you replied only showed that you try to excuse
> for it.

No excuse. Just diplomatic. I say we remove it when something
better comes.

Do you mean I am weak because I did reply ?

> > If there will be the holy ircnet patch someday which solves the
> > colliding problem, we will happily use it instead of gac.
>
> your holy patch might break the ircd/net even more. I hope
> it will still be admin decision to run such bloatware.

Just take a breath an reread. I said: IRCNET-Patch. So I mean
two things. So it means stable balanced patch for all.

cheers
Jochen
--
Jochen Kaiser          		                   phone +49 9131 85-28134
Network Administration           mailto:jochen.kaiser@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx