config file [Was: Re: [OPERS] hidden stats patches]

On Wed, Oct 18, 2000 at 04:17:05PM +0200, Bjorn Borud wrote:

> hmm, if we modularize the config system and provide an API we could
> make it easier for people to write extensions.  (I for one would be
> interested in using for instance MySQL, XML, and even public key
> encryption to verify signed configuration information(*))

There are people writing a new config file, but I have no idea on the
progress of it.

What they are making is something like the config of bind.

What I really like to see is a good API.  Someone needs to write down what
the API should provide for ircd.  If you have a good API, changing what's
below it to use something else, shouldn't be that hard.  You could even
make a compile time option to switch between the current, and any of the
new, if any.

Kurt