Re: config file [Was: Re: [OPERS] hidden stats patches]

[Kurt Roeckx]

| What they are making is something like the config of bind.

as I mentioned earlier, I am no big fan of XML (you can't be if you've
written as much software to parse, transform or generate SGML and XML
as I have), but the point still stands:  XML is a good alternative
because many people are familiar with it and because there's a lot of
working code out there to process XML.

| What I really like to see is a good API.  Someone needs to write down what
| the API should provide for ircd.  If you have a good API, changing what's
| below it to use something else, shouldn't be that hard.  You could even
| make a compile time option to switch between the current, and any of the
| new, if any.

I agree.  providing an API would make adding whatever you prefer much
easier.

-Bjørn