Re: config file [Was: Re: [OPERS] hidden stats patches]

On Wed, Oct 18, 2000 at 06:40:33PM +0200, Kurt Roeckx wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 18, 2000 at 04:17:05PM +0200, Bjorn Borud wrote:
> >
> > hmm, if we modularize the config system and provide an API we could
> > make it easier for people to write extensions.  (I for one would be
> > interested in using for instance MySQL, XML, and even public key
> > encryption to verify signed configuration information(*))
>
> There are people writing a new config file, but I have no idea on the
> progress of it.

Well make up your mind. Do you want a workable replacement for ircd.conf
or you first wanna add 151851 features. All features are already supported
for current ircd.conf. But now you people have to decide what you want.
Kurt your idea for flood control in config was impossible a bit, if you
remember? :)
Atleast with current ircd implementation.

> What they are making is something like the config of bind.
>
> What I really like to see is a good API.  Someone needs to write down what
> the API should provide for ircd.  If you have a good API, changing what's
> below it to use something else, shouldn't be that hard.  You could even
> make a compile time option to switch between the current, and any of the
> new, if any.
>

> Kurt

Krome