Re: gac experiment

On Tue, 1 Feb 2000, Jochen Kaiser wrote:

> It's working perfectly for up to 1600 users here in Erlangen and on
> netsurf it's working, too.

right, you just forget the other 40000+ users outside your servers.

> If it's just about carrying the discussion from #opers to this
> mailinglist - just stop it. There are more important things
> right now to discuss then one branch of the ircd code.

I never supposed to start a discussion. I just liked to
present you the fact that such patches can break the net
if they get in the wrong hands. Which obviously can happen
very fast. That you replied only showed that you try to excuse
for it.

> If there will be the holy ircnet patch someday which solves the
> colliding problem, we will happily use it instead of gac.

your holy patch might break the ircd/net even more. I hope
it will still be admin decision to run such bloatware.

Greets,
Engerim