Re: gac experiment

On Feb 01, Jochen Kaiser wrote:
| and you are being polemic again. give me numbers. network band-
| width and increase of usage when a server uses gac.

and what would you compare them to? do _you_ have any
numbers?
i didn't think so.

anyway, there is no point taking the thread in this
direction.  you've long ago made your point, and no one has
contested it in a long time: you do whatever you want on your
own server.

| and additionally: so what: this is ircnet we are speaking of.
| bandwith will be no problem in the future ...

what an interesting thought.
if this is so, then the code should be changed to propagate
topics on netjoins again, propagate aways again, add TS on
most objects, ...

| Don't think we are too stupid to see that changing server-code
| is highly flamable.

puh-lease! you complain about polemic, so don't try to brain
wash everyone with your propaganda.

|                     But ircd-development is a dead king on the
| throne. And the country outside is fading away ...

Correction: the slave that was working on ircd in that dark
corner of the basement no longer is.  Contrary to what some
might think, slavery was not abolished and everything is
probably being put in place to find replacements.
the demagogues are still there, and the country outside
still thrives (mostly ignoring the above).