Re: Can a prompt be fixed?

On Mon, Oct 27, 2003 at 08:11:29PM +0100, Christian Schäfer wrote:
> <urgendly wanted>
>      Tool(global-config) > Hi! I am user_one!
>      Tool(global-config) > Nice to meet you! My nick is user_two.
> </urgendly wanted>
> is this entirely possible?

Well. If I assume, that by "prompt" you meant "whatever server
sends out", it could be possible to hack sources in such a way,
that whatever anyone says, it appears like from "Tool(global-config)".

It is already done similarly on !channels, when you set +a mode
(anonymous), however the origin of all messages is changed to
"anonymous!anonymous@anonymous." -- perhaps it could be used
for your purposes, the changes would have been minimal.

> I am not experienced with irc, so please keep your answers as simple
> as possible. thank you!

Other than changing the code there is no way in ircd. (And if you
really meant "prompt", then you should be asking on a discussion
list about the client you use.)

p.

--
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his
heart he dreams himself your master.   -- Commissioner Pravin Lal