Re[2]: Can a prompt be fixed?

hi Piotr,

> Well. If I assume, that by "prompt" you meant "whatever server
> sends out", it could be possible to hack sources in such a way,
> that whatever anyone says, it appears like from "Tool(global-config)".

well, yes by 'prompt' I mean the origin, yes..
I don't know if hacking sources can achieve that. but I would prefere
that to any client mess.

> It is already done similarly on !channels, when you set +a mode
> (anonymous), however the origin of all messages is changed to
> "anonymous!anonymous@anonymous." -- perhaps it could be used
> for your purposes, the changes would have been minimal.

now that's a start.
may a needle to find in the sources. ;-)

> Other than changing the code there is no way in ircd. (And if you
> really meant "prompt", then you should be asking on a discussion
> list about the client you use.)

I am not using a client at all. I provide a service (a complex
configuration tool listening in special channels) over a local irc
server. I don't know what client is been used to use my service...

gruss
/Christian                   mailto:caefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

---

I propose that the following character sequence for joke markers:

:-)

                             19-Sep-82 11:44    Scott E  Fahlman