Can a prompt be fixed?

hi ircd-users,

I am currently developing a configuration tool that takes commands
from several channels on our irc server (that still has to be chosen and
installed).
since this tool acts as a shell displaying its current mode with
the prompt (expl: "Tool(global-config)> ") it is vital that the prompt
given by the irc-server is NOT dependant on the nicks but on one fixed
value, that ideally can be altered by the channel-owner.

<not wanted>
     user_one > Hi! I am user_one!
     user_two > Nice to meet you! My nick is user_two.
</not wanted>

<urgendly wanted>
     Tool(global-config) > Hi! I am user_one!
     Tool(global-config) > Nice to meet you! My nick is user_two.
</urgendly wanted>

is this entirely possible?

I am not experienced with irc, so please keep your answers as simple
as possible. thank you!

regards
/Christian                   mailto:caefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

---

I propose that the following character sequence for joke markers:

:-)

                             19-Sep-82 11:44    Scott E  Fahlman