Re[2]: Can a prompt be fixed?

hi Diane,

>   I'm afraid that is the case.

hm.. so what you are saying is: the server itself only provides
information on the users and the channel, and the clients make the
prompt up themselves, right?

so there must be a negotiation about how things are put together then.
meaning: all but a few clients make their prompt from the same
information (ie the nick).

given that I have control over the server as well as over the
different channels I am running. (operator and owner of every channel)
is it possible to change the nicks of visitors? (please no discussion
about ethics, this is a closed community).

so that I can at least produce a prompt like this:

<wanted>
     User_1 Tool(global-config) > Hi! I am user_one!
     User_2 Tool(global-config) > Nice to meet you! My nick is user_two.
</wanted>

I know that some clients might ignore this, but most wouldn't, so I
can safly disregard them as well.

gruss
/Christian                   mailto:caefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

---

I propose that the following character sequence for joke markers:

:-)

                             19-Sep-82 11:44    Scott E  Fahlman