Re: Invisible users

On Mon, Apr 15, 2002 at 01:45:17PM +0200, Juan Francisco Rodriguez Hervella wrote:
> Im just doing research, I don't want to go to the jail :)
> I know that I can use a packet sniffer, but I liked the idea of
> having an invisible-nick which I could control to do those things
> easier.

Of course, if you feel like capable of it you can always dive into the ircd sources and add such an option yourself.

For the rest of this debate about legal issues etc, I think a lot depends on the local laws so there is no single statement to make about whether it is legal or not (with or without notice etc). Apart from this, we could start another (ethical) discussion: do you think it's apropraite to log conversations when people who have these conversations are not aware of this logging? I choose not to go into this, let me just note that I feel you should let these people know you are logging them before they start getting logged.

Sincerely,

Koen Martens

--
gmc@xxxxxxxx (Koen Martens)		http://www.metro.cx/