Re: Invisible users

Koen Martens wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 11, 2002 at 06:26:41PM +0200, Kurt Roeckx wrote:
> > On Thu, Apr 11, 2002 at 01:00:05PM +0200, Juan Francisco Rodriguez Hervella wrote:
> > > Is there such user mode ?  I think it would be very interesting, for
> > > logging public conversations for example...
> > If you just want to log, why can't they see you?
>
> Besides, most civilised countries have laws against these forms of eavesdropping.. If you don't care about breaking the law, live in the usa or the people are aware of your eavesdropping or something like that, you could always use a packet sniffer of course.
>
> Regards,

Im just doing research, I don't want to go to the jail :)

I know that I can use a packet sniffer, but I liked the idea of

having an invisible-nick which I could control to do those things

easier.

Besides, public conversation (I mean, talking which takes place

inside a public channel) can be read by anyone, the key-point is

that I don't want to be seen, but it's clear that if you don't want

that anyone can read your messages, you always should use "private messages".

(sorry for my bad english :))

Thank you very much.

--
Juan F. Rodriguez Hervella