Re: problems with syslog

On Mon, Jul 09, 2001 at 07:59:55AM +0200, Piotr Swiecicki wrote:
> And still ircd doesn't log anything to the syslogd daemon.

1. make clean
2. make server
3. make sure

that files pointed to by syslog.conf exist and are writeable
by syslog daemon (or whatever use syslog drops priviliges to)

If that won't help, truss/strace syslog first (which I really
suspect it's the problem); then ircd itself. If you find anything
suspicious, mail me. If not, recompile ircd with debug and
watch it.

p.