Re: problems with syslog

I log to syslogd with ircd2.10.3p1 on FreeBSD 4.1 using the following setup:

syslogd.conf:
local5.*				/var/log/ircd

config.h:
#define USE_SYSLOG

#ifdef  USE_SYSLOG
#define SYSLOG_KILL     /* log all operator kills to syslog */
#define SYSLOG_SQUIT    /* log all remote squits for all servers to syslog */
#define SYSLOG_CONNECT  /* log remote connect messages for other all servs */
#define SYSLOG_USERS    /* send userlog stuff to syslog */
#define SYSLOG_OPER     /* log all users who successfully become an Op */
#define SYSLOG_CONN     /* log all uncomplete/rejected connections */

#define LOG_FACILITY LOG_LOCAL5
#endif /* USE_SYSLOG */

I use local5 to get the ircd logging away from the daemon logging.

Works fine for me...

			Oli

--
Olafur Osvaldsson