re: problems with syslog

On Fri, 6 Jul 2001, matthew green wrote:

>    Hi
>      Do the logging through the syslogd deamon really works? I've defined the
>    USE_SYSLOG in config.h but still ircd doesn't log its activity.
>      I'm running na ircd2.10.3p1 on a RedHat6.2 machine.
>

> have you also defined the various SYSLOG_XXX defines?

I've forgotten to mention about it. Of course I've all this defines
defined properly, I suppose, it looks like this:

#define USE_SYSLOG
#ifdef  USE_SYSLOG
#define SYSLOG_KILL     /* log all operator kills to syslog */
#define SYSLOG_SQUIT    /* log all remote squits for all servers to syslog */
#define SYSLOG_CONNECT  /* log remote connect messages for other all servs */
#define SYSLOG_USERS    /* send userlog stuff to syslog */
#undef  SYSLOG_OPER     /* log all users who successfully become an Op */
#define SYSLOG_CONN     /* log all uncomplete/rejected connections */
#define LOG_FACILITY LOG_DAEMON
#endif /* USE_SYSLOG */

And still ircd doesn't log anything to the syslogd daemon.