Re: problems with syslog

-> > I don't think the problem is caused by syslogd. I have an entry
-> > daemon.*      /var/log/daemon.log
-> > *.*           /var/log/all
-> > and in ircd sources in file config.h the facility is defined
-> > #define LOG_FACILITY LOG_DAEMON
-> >
-> > So ircd logs should be written to both files: /var/log/daemon.log and
-> > /var/log/all I suppose.
->
-> No.  Whilst some implementations might support it, typically * is not
-> valid for a level, only a facility.

depends on syslogd version - linux and freebsd are shipped witrh syslogd
that understands *.*

-> Try daemon.info and *.info instead (or .debug if you really want
-> everything) and HUP syslogd.

--
 Matus "fantomas" Uhlar, sysadmin at NEXTRA, Slovakia; IRCNET admin of *.sk
 uhlar@xxxxxxxxxxx ; http://www.fantomas.sk/ ; http://www.nextra.sk/