Re: IRCD Query Delay

On 20.10 22:46, Wendell Felizarta wrote:

first, please format your messages to lines max 80 chars long (75 or 72 are
good lengths)

> Hi! We are having problems with query delay. On the first five queries,
> there is no time delay. On the 6th query, there is a considerable time
> delay (about 1 second); on the 7th query, the time delay would be double;
> 8th query, thrice; 9th query, four times....etc.

That is an anti-flood protection mechanism in ircd.

> We are using version 2.10.3 and we think we just have to modify the
> configuration.  Please also take note that we also encounter this problem
> on about 50% of the other servers. Please help us. Thanks.

which 50% ?

I am afraid it's not the configuration - you have to modify the sources.
However, i recommend you to think twice about it - do you really need
flooding users?

If you want to provide services to users, look at services mechanism - they
do not trigger the anti-flood mechanism.
--
Matus UHLAR - fantomas, uhlar@xxxxxxxxxxx ; http://www.fantomas.sk/
Warning: I don't wish to receive e-mail advertising to this address.