Re: config file [Was: Re: [OPERS] hidden stats patches]

[krome@xxxxxxx]
| > |
| > okay, so where can I find the documentation of the new API so I can
| > get started writing an XML configuration module for ircd?
| >
| > -Bjørn
| >

| Why xml ?

because it makes more sense than inventing yet another way of
representing structured information and because there's a *lot* of
code available already to operate on XML (both in the form of
libraries and applications).

but since a lot of people don't share my opinions on XML as being a
sound choice for representing configuration data (and since people
apparently wanted to use a range of different ways to represent
configuration data) I suggested that configuration be done through a
general API and a set of plugins.

you responded to my mail and said that you had made such an API.