Re: config file [Was: Re: [OPERS] hidden stats patches]

[krome@xxxxxxx]

| That would be easy :)
| I did a little bottie with tcl support :)

I'd rather have a good configuration API and some work to provide
better configurability (ie. move some of the compile time options OUT
of config.h), and the option of writing your own configuration modules
possibly with the option of loading them as DSOs (static linking
must be offered in any case).

the real work is in sanitizing ircd somewhat, designing an API and
documenting it.  just hacking support for various configuration
alternatives into ircd directly seems pretty useless to me since
people do not seem to agree on what to use.

-Bjørn