Re: UDP ping ?

-> > i asked about IRC servers, they usually listen on 6667 for UDP pings but not
-> > always. every time I set up wrong UDP port that (in config) for some remote
-> > server, I keep getting messages:
-> >
-> > *** Failed in connecting to nextra.irc.sk[0.0.0.0@.6667] :Socket is not connected
->
-> This error seems to happen after an accept, and it should mean someone
-> tried to connect to you on that port, but closed to connection before you
-> accepted it.
->
-> Atm, it gets ignored if you run Linux, I think we should either ignore it
-> always, or never.
->
-> The one about udp pings being dropped would look like this:
-> udp port recvfrom (nextra.irc.sk): Connection refused

ahh sorry, i've mistaken two reports...

-> In the source it says: report_error("udp port recvfrom (%s): %s", &me);
-> I think that we should change it to report something more usefull, like
-> the other's ip, but the current report_error() doesn't allow you to do
-> this.

yah, that's it.
--
 Matus "fantomas" Uhlar, sysadmin at NEXTRA, Slovakia; IRCNET admin of *.sk
 uhlar@xxxxxxxxxxx ; http://www.fantomas.sk/ ; http://www.nextra.sk/

---
Odchozí zpráva obsahuje viry.
Verze: 6.0.167 / Virová báze: 80 - datum vydání: 6/29/2000