Re: Hi, Question about ircd:

Matus \"fantomas\" Uhlar wrote:
> -> Does ircd provide hooks to replace the traditional user management
> -> with an authentication system that can use a (MySQL or such) database to
> -> lookup channels and nicknames?
>
> I am not sure what do you mean by looking up channels and nicknames.
> do you want to store nicks and channels into database ? I think that would
> cause much useless overhead. ircd is quite fast using that.

My requirements are that there _already_ is a database with groups and users
belonging to one or more of those groups (analogous to, for example, Sourceforge
developers and development teams).

The idea is to provide chat service for these groups. A chat session can be
private (only group members or invited guests) or public.

Now honestly, I just started looking into possible solutions to this, I don't
know if ircd is the way to go.