Creating Channels

Hi.  I run a virtual server which has ircd installed for private server irc usage.  It's not linked to any of the major networks, in other words.

My problem is that my server provider doesn't support the product, just provides it, so I'm out on a limb when it comes to configuration.

I have the irc server up and running fine.  I can connect to it and create channels once connected.  But of course, if I disconnect, the channels are gone.

I'd like to be able to create some permanent channels that remain there whether I'm there or not.   I'm pretty sure this means I need to have @W user sitting in the channel all the time, but I can't find anywhere to make that happen.  The documentation is not all that forthcoming, and everything on the net I've seen about creating channels refers to contacting the channel registry on the linked networks, but says nothing about any private irc servers.

Can anyone offer help, or, if this is not on-topic for this list, point me in a direction to go find out how to do this?  I would definately appreciate it.

                        Paul Allen Rice
               Mr.Fantastic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx