Re: Re(24?): Re: wishes (Re: gac experiment)

On Thu, Feb 03, 2000 at 11:53:23AM +0000, Matthew Sullivan wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Previously in this thread 2 things have been suggested, to get to one goal...
>
> 1/ Make #-channels modeless..
> 2/ Swap !-channels for #channels..
>
> IMHO you are not going to get everyday users (probably 99% of IRCnet) using
> !channels...the reason:
>
> mIRC channel list... by default it lists #channels - that's why people use
> them - that list of channels are the ones the war kiddies want (plus others
> of course)
>
> The other things you have to take into account when deciding on the
> course action you wish to follow, is:
>
> 1/ Everyone must agree (Server Admins).
> 2/ The kiddies (& war groups) love showing 'power'. - Take that away from
> them and they get bored _quickly_.
> 3/ Whether or not it makes life more difficult for the average user.
> 4/ Some people make money out of abusing. (spammers)

1. just make a poll and let majority decide. if successful, implement it.
   upgrade hubs, place deadline, jupe not confirming servers.

2. I gladly get rid of them.

3. not it if is supported by mirc. there are much more complicated things
   users manage to handle. (yes I read your point whiskey and I am sad
   about it that yu may be right :( )

4. sorry - but I miss the context with !-channels right now :-\

!-channels are the better concept. Why was it introduced when you stop
now?

greeting,
Jochen

--
Jochen Kaiser          		                   phone +49 9131 85-28134
Network Administration           mailto:jochen.kaiser@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx