Re: wishes (Re: gac experiment)

On Wed, 2 Feb 2000, Joern Westermann wrote:

> So: Why don't we establish a Chanserv? Please think at least a minute
> about it before flaming me down.

I think this issue had been discussed thorughly many years before. I
(personally) still see it a wrong idea, and I'd like stick to the routine
that opers are responsible to the good working of the servers. Surely we
must do something against collides/chanwars/whatever and it's definately
not blaming Syrk and whoever still maintains the code, neither writing
lists of demands helps us IMHO. I think Unique ID nicks will be great but
we (and our users) need a bit more patience or we need to help to the ircd
development team if we can.

Greg
*.hu