Re: wishes (Re: gac experiment)

On 02-Feb-00 Christian 'HERZ' Makowski wrapped up these bytes together:

> Joern Westermann schrieb:
>
>> Strange. Some of you want more powers to the opers, some don't. But I
>> think all want to stop those silly channel wars.
>>
>> So: Why don't we establish a Chanserv? Please think at least a minute
>> about it before flaming me down.

<0.02>

Speaking as an IRCNet user and an Intranet IRCOP, I personally use
Hybrid on my network exactly because of ChanServ and NickServ in
particular. Those two services don't use a big bandwidth, sure I
have a very small net (<10 servers in US & Europe and max 200 users)
but I don't see a real BW usage difference with/without these services.
On IRCNet, I'm always fighting to get my nick back, and often fighting
to get my channel back. I make sure this will never happen on my own net,
and the only way is to have embedded services in the servers, I don't
really want to sit behind a screen to manually kill kiddies and lamers,
but instead reduce their fun in the game place.

Well, the other thing is that in an intranet network, there are more
adults than kiddies, but you never know :-))

</0.02>

Stephane aka Clipper

>> Of course Chanserv would end the old "channels are not owned" policy on
>> IRCNet.
>
> Well but it has many positive things :
> 1.) No 20 Bots / Channel  (Traffic will be reduced dramatically)
> 2.) No Channelwars / Takeovers - Smurfattacks (Traffic reason)
> 3.) Faster Network because 1 Service Server will handle Channels and Network
>
> 4.) Collides / Masscollides would stop
> 5.) Only Service would be smurfed , Not the Servers :)
> 6.) Global Temporally K-Line System can be introduced in ChannelService
> (Give Spam/Clones no Chance to jump to another Server)
> 7.) I can sleep better as before.
>

>> But in return we get stable channels, no more channel wars, less work
>> for opers.
>>
>> Ok, now feel free to kill me. :-)
>
> Nah why kill , it is a idea and i am *sure* the most Users and some Opers /
> Admins of IRCnet
> would welcome the idea !
>

>>    Guenthi
>
> Mfg/Regards
> HERZ

---
SILICON GRAPHICS                 EUROPEAN MANUFACTURING CENTER
Stephane Rosa                     Tel :     +41 (0)32 843-3638
Business Analyst                  Fax :     +41 (0)32 843-3909
APS/FP  Project                   GSM :     +41 (0)79 448-5335
ircnoc.neu.sgi.com  SGI Intranet  IRC :   EuroOper on #irchelp
irc.stealth.net     Euro-IRCNet   IRC :   Clipper on #radionet