Re: gac experiment

Christian 'HERZ' Makowski says:

> Christophe Kalt schrieb:
>

> > | I wish some Opers, Coders  would wake up and see whats usefull and whats
> > | useless on IRCnet.
> > | Well , i know i was one of them, who has do many abuse things on IRCnet , but
>
> You have read / understand it wrong , i say i <was> one of the Abusers on IRCnet who
> has
> Use Collides / Serverops / Open Socks - Proxys to Takeover Channels.
> I have stop it and have enough play around on IRCnet , so i can help with my know of
>
> abusing IRCnet Service, and can make ideas for the future of ircd.
> My English is not the best , so sorry when you missunderstand my last Mail.
>
> My wishes for the next ircd is:
> 1.) No more Masscollides (like the gac-patch idea)

  Get rid of global nicks. not gac-patch.

> 2.) Easy to use for ALL Users , and not only for Opers Coders Admins (!Channels)

  a given. There is actually no need for opers.

> 3.) No Serverop on Netsplit (The Smurf attacks would stopped because useless)

  I've done that. Furthmore I've done no join on Netsplit.
The kiddies are stupid. Plus, they enjoy taking out servers.

> 4.) Some ircd Coders / Admins / Opers on Big Channels to see what happened on IRCnet
> and
> how to fix the problems example like sub7 Clones - www-proxy Clones etc...
> 5.) Channel-Massjoin-Limits (many Channels runs now +l limit to block Massive Clone
> attacks (i know its traffic Engerim)
> but it is a damn Problem at the moment to stop 500 and more Clones from different
> Ip`s.

  Channels should be treated the same as any global entity. It's not.

> We have 23794 channels , the most biggest Channels are closed because the ircd is
> not save, and collides - cloneattacks are
> possible.
>
> MfG .. Regards
> Christian - HERZ - Makowski

  TimeStamp and Nick Delay/Channel Delay have both been dismal failures.

- Dianora

--
Diane Bruce, http://www.db.net/~db  http://www.db.net email db@xxxxxx
--- I wonder how many people know what an aphorism is.