Re: changing channels (Re: no split modes patch)

On Sat, Jan 08, 2000 at 04:15:13PM -0800, David Rientjes wrote:

> V:lines are ineffective anyway since it would encourage hacking the
> version number in the code to connect, regardless of any upgrade which has
> occured with the server.

Oh my... at first, hacking out the version string is more job to do
than simply compiling new version, and at second but not at last,
V: lines would be deployed only when the server MUST match the given
version, probably because of server-server protocol changes; such
hacked server would break down or even break the network and would
get disconnected/juped almost immediatelly. What planet do you come
from?

--
pht