Re: ideas to improve ircnet (was: where are we heading to)

On Wed, 17 Mar 1999, Thomas Kuiper wrote:

> On the other hand, services, who have already been written should
> release as free software (since it uses the ircd which is gpl)
> and patches FL4/CRxy/Nl1 should be placed someone at ftp.irc.org
> so that these patches can be checked out and maybe added one day
> to the real ircd.

Nl1 is available from http://irc.ircnet.dk/patches/

Neither ftp.ircnet.org or ftp.irc.org had a patches directory, so I
thought it was a policy and not because noone had asked for it. Personally
I would prefer it if ircd was distributed "clean" and people would apply
the patches they need themselves. In days like this it is almost difficult
to find a clean dist.

-- Robert Martin-Legène / Null ! robert@xxxxxxxxxxxxx