Re: any samples of iauth.conf and external program ?

Christophe Kalt <kalt@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> On Mar 03, Takeshi Yamane wrote:
> | I'm trying authentication on iauth with external program, but I'm
> | confused by the documents how should it be set and configured.
> | I don't have experience enough on irc config.
> |
> | question 1: how should I write in iauth.conf ? I guess as below
> |
> | 	module pipe
>   		option = prog=/path/to/external/program
> | 		host = <host-name>
> | 		ip = <ip-address>
>
> note that the host and ip lines are optionnal

ok, thanks

> | question 2: how should I write external program ?
> |
> | what does iauth.conf(5) mean about i/o ?
> |
> | re input, shoukd it get arguments from stdin like
> | 	program <clinet IP> <port>
>
> nothing on stdin.. arguments as argv[1] and [2]

sorry I was missing ... I didn't mean stdin
argv[1] is client ip and argv[2] is port, right ?

> | question 3: are there any good samples or documentations about this ?
>
> no,
> the module hasn't really been tested nor completely
> finished. (In particular, it doesn't call wait() after the
> children die.).
>
> It needs be cleaned up.

hmmm, so any other sugestion for authentication on ircd ?
I'd like to control access to ircd by many users with user id or
nickname and password

anyway, thanks for your help
--
World Wide Web Consortium
Keio Research Institute at SFC, Keio University