Re: any samples of iauth.conf and external program ?

On Mar 05, Takeshi Yamane wrote:
| > | question 3: are there any good samples or documentations about this ?
| >
| > no,
| > the module hasn't really been tested nor completely
| > finished. (In particular, it doesn't call wait() after the
| > children die.).
| >
| > It needs be cleaned up.
|
| hmmm, so any other sugestion for authentication on ircd ?

this module should be fixed :-)

| I'd like to control access to ircd by many users with user id or
| nickname and password

this must be some kind of conspiration; you're the second
one to ask for this today!
even if the pipe module was in a working state, it wouldn't
let you do what you ask.  as things stand now, iauth doesn't
know the userid nor the password given by the user (if any).

I've been thinking of changing this, but it requires me to
find time to do some very serious testing and I'm currently
kept extremely busy by my job.  It is not as simple as I
first hoped, and i now worry that it will also complicate
the (still fairly) simple logic used by iauth..