Re: any samples of iauth.conf and external program ?

On Mar 03, Takeshi Yamane wrote:
| I'm trying authentication on iauth with external program, but I'm
| confused by the documents how should it be set and configured.
| I don't have experience enough on irc config.
|
| question 1: how should I write in iauth.conf ? I guess as below
|
| 	module pipe
  		option = prog=/path/to/external/program
| 		host = <host-name>
| 		ip = <ip-address>

note that the host and ip lines are optionnal

| question 2: how should I write external program ?
|
| what does iauth.conf(5) mean about i/o ?
|
| re input, shoukd it get arguments from stdin like
| 	program <clinet IP> <port>

nothing on stdin.. arguments as argv[1] and [2]

| and re output, should it print 'Y' or 'N' to stdout ?

right.

| question 3: are there any good samples or documentations about this ?

no,
the module hasn't really been tested nor completely
finished. (In particular, it doesn't call wait() after the
children die.).

It needs be cleaned up.

Christophe