Lag-kills.

Watching the kills the last days, I've noticed that 90% of all nick collisions
nowadays, perhaps more, are lag-kills. This is perhaps the most serious
abuse-problem right now.

Alas, we could need to do something. So, I've removed the dust from an old
idea I did not fancy much at that time: Forced Nick-Change.

Elements it need to include:

- A separate class of nick to stop nick-change-looping. Servers would refuse
nicks of this class from client connections, but not from server-connections.

- Find out how to introduce this gradually, so it won't need an immediate
upgrade of servers. This one, I will think hard about right now, but please,
if you have ideas, come with them.

- Client change to recognize the forced nick change. This is the hunch,
really. But, think of it, if you've been collided, what would be the harm of
the client just screwing up instead of you being thrown totally off. But
still, I have an idea that might help - the server the client is on, will
expect an acknowledgement from the client within some time. If it don't get
it, it will drop the client. This way, the screwed user will have to
reconnect, and will hopefully soon find out that he needs a new client.

Please, tell me whether or not this is doable, or if it's rubbish :)

PS. The gradual introduction-scheme is coming. It might not be much of a
problem, I just need to sort the thoughts out.

- Vegard