Re: Lag-kills.

On Sat, 1 Feb 1997, Vegard Engen wrote:

> - Client change to recognize the forced nick change. This is the hunch,
> really. But, think of it, if you've been collided, what would be the harm of
> the client just screwing up instead of you being thrown totally off. But
> still, I have an idea that might help - the server the client is on, will
> expect an acknowledgement from the client within some time. If it don't get
> it, it will drop the client. This way, the screwed user will have to
> reconnect, and will hopefully soon find out that he needs a new client.

This sounds unnecessarily complicated. It should just be handled as
if the client had requested the nick change. Normally the server tells
the client when it has changed the nick.

>From a telnet session:

  NICK test2
  :test!breese@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx NICK :test2

If clients break because it makes silly assumptions they deserve death ;)