Re: How to get more connections?

On Jan 29, Darrin DeBard wrote:
[..]
| I don't understand the remarks in config.h comparing the MAXCONNECTIONS with
| maximum file descriptors either.  How do I find out what the maximum open
| fd's are for the ircd software or OS.  Is this a ircd specific issue or
| a OS/kernel specific issue?

MAXCONNECTIONS defines the maximum for the total number of
connections.  Note that this includes the ports you listen
to (tcp, and udp), the socket used for DNS queries..

It would help a lot if you could find out what the error is.
What happens when the connection gets rejected, on the
client side, and on the server (check the notice channels,
such as &ERRORS and &NOTICES).

Check the fd limit from the shell using the `limit'
command. (shell built-in)

| Also when remarks in the conf file refer to "client"  is it talking about
| clients like MIRC, VIRC etc... or other IRC servers considered to be
| clients because they are connecting to my server?

I'd say it generally refers to a user connection, but it
probably depends on the context.