Re: some comments to 2.11 release

On Wed, Feb 02, 2005 at 05:49:38PM +0100, Matus UHLAR - fantomas wrote:
> - there could be some basic explanation about UIDs SIDs and CIDs.
>   there is something in http://akson.sgh.waw.pl/~chopin/ircd/211proto.txt
>   but this document mainly describes server-server protocol which users
>   should not care about.

There's also http://akson.sgh.waw.pl/~chopin/ircd/uniqueID.txt, but
perhaps I will write something more concise.
There's already http://ircnet.irchelp.org/211.html, though.

> - P:-line flags aren't mentioned in 2.11-New (they are in RELEASE_NOTES)

Added.

> - there was TKLINE command in Cr patches for years. TKLINE from 2.11 is
>   not compatible with it: userhost was first argument before, it's second
>   now, which can confuse aliases/scripts

Sorry, I cannot be responsible for every patch out there. The syntax
in 2.11 is for a new command and will not change.

> - SET, CLOSE and HAZH commands could be described in docs

Indeed. Though they are rather self-explanatory. What would you propose
to write and in what file?

> - ./ircd/hash.c:1358 calls HAZH command incorrectly HASH:

Fixed.

> - admin should be allowed to undefine TKSERV_ADMIN_OTHER, ans in such
>   cases it should not be sent to users.

Fixed.

p.

--
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his
heart he dreams himself your master.   -- Commissioner Pravin Lal