Re: your client is missing

Please get a clue. You can always connect via telnet.

The irc client - "irc" (which is distributed
with the irc daemon) is sucky. You shouldn't use that.
It's included just for "demonstration" purposes.
If you ask me, I'd vote on removing the client part completely.

Better use one of the other clients. Even ircII would be fine.
http://www.ircbeginner.com/ircinfo/irc-clients.html
Here is a short list of avaliable clients out there.

Be sure to also read: http://www.irchelp.org
(the page is down however at the moment it seems :(
- use http://bishop.mc.duke.edu instead)

c'ya,
fiction