Re: Problems to connect to more than one server..

On Tue, Jan 08, 2002 at 10:17:49AM +0100, Juan Francisco Rodriguez Hervella wrote:
> > It _should_ be trying to connect upto 10 servers like you set it
> > up.  I'm not sure what the problem is.  One thing that can be a
> > problem is that the UDP pings aren't working properly.  Check the
> > output of stats p.
>
> What's "stats p" ?
> How can I check that ?

Just type "/stats p".  It gives stats about the UDP pings, and
from that you can see who it will try to auto connect too.

> > I also suggest you do the connections the other way around, let
> > the leaf connect to the hub.  Maybe let the hub connect to one of
> > them on start up, but you probably should set a limit of 1
> > auto-connection in the Y-line, it might cause problems otherwise.
>
> I think that both the leaf and the hub should try to start the connection, I mean
> either with a specific port entry in C lines, because if I reboot the leaf, for
> example,
> I want that it connects to the hub inmediatly, and if I reboot the hub, I want the
> same thing,
> without have to wait until the other try to connect again...

In the case that you only have 1 hub, you can make this work.  If
there is more than 1 hub, it will cause problems if the hub
itself tries to connect to more than 1 server.

Kurt