Re: Problems to connect to more than one server..

Kurt Roeckx wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 03, 2002 at 04:04:14PM +0100, Juan Francisco Rodriguez Hervella wrote:
> > I'm using "ircd2.10.3.tar.gz", and I have the following lines in
> > "ircd.conf":
>
> I suggest you upgrade to 2.10.3p3.  It has alot bugfixes, of
> which many are ipv6 related.
>
> > C%3ffe:3328:4:1:210:4bff:fe70:9bbf%****%viena.upm.long%7000%2
> > N%3ffe:3328:4:1:210:4bff:fe70:9bbf%****%viena.upm.long%%2
> >
> > c%3ffe:3328:6:4444::163.117.139.166%****%mira.uc3m.long%6667%2
> > N%3ffe:3328:6:4444::163.117.139.166%****%mira.uc3m.long%%2
> >
> > The server only connects to the second (mira.uc3m.long).
> > If I change the order of the lines, the result is that only the last
> > connection
> > is stablished.
> >
> > Why do you think this behaviour happens ?
> > I have compiled it with #define HUB and I have the following Y line:
> >
> > Y%2%90%300%10%4000000
>
> It _should_ be trying to connect upto 10 servers like you set it
> up.  I'm not sure what the problem is.  One thing that can be a
> problem is that the UDP pings aren't working properly.  Check the
> output of stats p.

What's "stats p" ?
How can I check that ?

> I also suggest you do the connections the other way around, let
> the leaf connect to the hub.  Maybe let the hub connect to one of
> them on start up, but you probably should set a limit of 1
> auto-connection in the Y-line, it might cause problems otherwise.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Kurt

I think that both the leaf and the hub should try to start the connection, I mean
either with a specific port entry in C lines, because if I reboot the leaf, for
example,
I want that it connects to the hub inmediatly, and if I reboot the hub, I want the
same thing,
without have to wait until the other try to connect again...

Sorry I know that my english is not good enough. I hope you understand me...and thank
you very much!

--
Juan F. Rodriguez Hervella