Re: Problems to connect to more than one server..

On Thu, Jan 03, 2002 at 04:04:14PM +0100, Juan Francisco Rodriguez Hervella wrote:
> I'm using "ircd2.10.3.tar.gz", and I have the following lines in
> "ircd.conf":

I suggest you upgrade to 2.10.3p3.  It has alot bugfixes, of
which many are ipv6 related.

> C%3ffe:3328:4:1:210:4bff:fe70:9bbf%****%viena.upm.long%7000%2
> N%3ffe:3328:4:1:210:4bff:fe70:9bbf%****%viena.upm.long%%2
>
> c%3ffe:3328:6:4444::163.117.139.166%****%mira.uc3m.long%6667%2
> N%3ffe:3328:6:4444::163.117.139.166%****%mira.uc3m.long%%2
>
> The server only connects to the second (mira.uc3m.long).
> If I change the order of the lines, the result is that only the last
> connection
> is stablished.
>
> Why do you think this behaviour happens ?
> I have compiled it with #define HUB and I have the following Y line:
>
> Y%2%90%300%10%4000000

It _should_ be trying to connect upto 10 servers like you set it
up.  I'm not sure what the problem is.  One thing that can be a
problem is that the UDP pings aren't working properly.  Check the
output of stats p.

I also suggest you do the connections the other way around, let
the leaf connect to the hub.  Maybe let the hub connect to one of
them on start up, but you probably should set a limit of 1
auto-connection in the Y-line, it might cause problems otherwise.

Hope this helps.

Kurt