Re: server response delayed

-> > An other possibility is that iauth hasn't finnished it's
-> > authentication.  A reason that might happen is that you blocked
-> > some port, like 1080, in the firewall.  You need to make sure you
-> > deny the packet (and give a proper reply), and not reject it.
->
-> I learned that Terminology for this on different implemetions suck,
-> one call it Deny/Reject, others call it Drop/Deny, so you have to be
-> careful about which terms you use.
->
-> On Ports 80, 1080, 8080, 3128, 113 Packets shouldnt be simply dropped
-> (i.e. just thrown away), but instead rejected (sending Port Unreach or
-> Packet with Ack/Fin to the ircd Machine) - if no service is running
-> on that port.

well, it seems my FreeBSD ignores those ICMP port unreachable packets...
it says 'connection refused' but in the same time as it would time out...
of course i take that aas FreeBSD problem, not ircd problem...

did anyone solve similar problem?
--
 Matus "fantomas" Uhlar, uhlar@xxxxxxxxxxx ; http://www.fantomas.sk/
 Micro$oft random number generator: 0, 0, 0, 4.33e+67, 0, 0, 0...