Re: ircd+enge5 patch released

On Sat, 2 Jun 2001, Michal Svoboda wrote:

> Thomas Kuiper wrote:
>
> > - scramble host, simple md5 hashing of hostnames with defineable
> >   masks. These are defined in ircd.conf with T:line (see doc/example.conf)
> >   and config.h after patching for more details on this.
>
> On which servers is this 'feature' already in use? Such a non-homogenous
> change could make more mess than there already is.

I wouldn't be too sure, but I believe these 'features' (name it as you
like..) are already in use on .fr servers excepted for ircnet.eurecom.fr
(yes, the one and only non vanity .fr server on IRCNet).

I wouldn't be surprised to see both following servers running engerim's
mods within a couple of days;

- ircnet.kaptech.com (Kaptech / Worldnet France Paris)
- irc1.fr.ircnet.net (IRCNet Villette-Paris)

> > - hiding of oper idle time from users via umode +I
>
> What's the practical use of this feature?
>
> > Note that this is the first public release of this patch and its already
> > used by a wide range of major servers on IRC.
>
> Propaganda forever.

See above, says it all.

ice-@IRC, ice-!ice@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx