Re: ircd+enge5 patch released

Hello !

Thomas Kuiper wrote on 01.06.2001 21:26:17 +0200:
> Hello,
>
> I released a new version of the engerim patch which consists of the
> following features:
>
> - hiding of oper idle time from users via umode +I
Useless.

> - notice on whois for opers (either via usermode +b or always on)
Useless.

> - disabling diffrent /stats to users in config.h
Useless.

> - channel &oper for watching client connects/diffrent activities like
>   consistant /links requests
Break of privacy.

> Note that this is the first public release of this patch and its already
> used by a wide range of major servers on IRC.
I suggest to delink every server running this patch as long as it's
impossible to see, what server is #defining what feature.

I don't want to have server in the network that allow the above privacy
intrusion.

With kind regards,

		Frank Altpeter - Laird Of Glencairn

--
Fatbot: "I heard that in one single night you drank a whole keg, streaked across
campus, and crammed fifty-eight humans into a phone booth."