safe channel quirks

I stumbled on what I think is a quirk in the current ircd.

afaik, according to the rfc, # is a legal character within a channel name but the safe channel protocol is not handling it properly.  If the first character of a safe channel shortname is '#', the server gets confused and treats it as a prefix instead of a normal chan name character.

'/join !!#test-prefix' creates a safe channel with the short name '#test-prefix'

'/join !#test-prefix' creates a safe channel with the short name 'test-prefix'

If a channel with the short name #test-prefix has not been created, '/join !#test-prefix' does not return the expected "That channel does not exist, but creates a new channel with the shortname 'test-prefix'

If a channel with the short name #test-prefix exists, other sending '/join !#test-prefix' get an error 'Duplicate !#test-prefix recipients. Join aborted', as instead of joining the existing channel, the server tries to create a new channel then aborts channel creation since it already exists.

afaik, that is a bug.

bugs - I don't fix 'em*, just find 'em :)

BugMagNet

* dunno how