Re: ircd does not start as a server process

-> I've installed once again the irc-2-10.3-sol8-sparc-local, in my Sparc /
-> Solaris 7 platform, doing the following:
->
-> # pkgadd -d irc-2-10.3-sol8-sparc-local
->
-> This command automatically installed the files corresponding to the irc
-> server and client.

well ircd is currently not designed to be installed this way. many options
are to be changed during compile time.

-> When I want to start the ircd (daemon), I configure the ircd.conf file and
-> then I go to the /usr/local/sbin path and there I execute:
->
-> # ircd &    (in background)

not needded, ircd should go to background by itself

-> But the exit of this command failes, because the "ps -ef" does not show me
-> the process.

there are many possible reasons, try debug (ircd -x<num> -t ?), if it tells
nothing (debugging disabled), try strace (truss) ircd and maybe you'll see
what's wrong
--
 Matus "fantomas" Uhlar, sysadmin at NEXTRA, Slovakia; IRCNET admin of *.sk
 uhlar@xxxxxxxxxxx ; http://www.fantomas.sk/ ; http://www.nextra.sk/