ircd does not start as a server process

Hello !!!

I've installed once again the irc-2-10.3-sol8-sparc-local, in my Sparc /
Solaris 7 platform, doing the following:

# pkgadd -d irc-2-10.3-sol8-sparc-local

This command automatically installed the files corresponding to the irc
server and client.

When I want to start the ircd (daemon), I configure the ircd.conf file and
then I go to the /usr/local/sbin path and there I execute:

# ircd &    (in background)

But the exit of this command failes, because the "ps -ef" does not show me
the process.
What can be happening ????
days ago I did the same and I could start the ircd and connect to it using
the Mirc client. But not now....I have tried a lot of times and NOTHING !!!

I'll be waiting for some advice. Thanks !!!!

Alejandro

Alejandro Cabrera Obed

E-mail: sisdis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
ICQ#95838645