Re: ircd server problem

On Thu, Feb 08, 2001 at 11:55:40AM +0630, ssubodh@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hi
>       I am setting up and ircd server on my local machine for the use by
> our local network, but I have a problem. I install ircd using the RPM for
> it ( I am using RedHat 6.2 Linux)..When I start ircd it says nothing and
> what I feel is it also does nothing beacuse the ircd daemon doesn't show up
> in "ps aux".

That is says nothing when it fails to start is one of the most
annoying things about it yes.

We don't really ship any rpm's, so I have no idea what the
compile time options are.

> When I try sonnecting to the irc server from some machine I get an error "
> Connection Refused:". Yes I checked the ircd.conf and the lines which could
> have resulted in this error are perfectly alright, so what I guess is there
> is some problem with my IRCD Configuration.

I guess you ran chkconf on it?

One of the common problems is that you're missing a P-line or
something.  Or that binding to the socket failed for an other
reason.

Kurt