Re: ircd server problem

Hi,
     Thanks for the help. But again I am facing the same problem.
I removed the RPM that i had installed earlier and then after downloading
the tar.gz from www.undernet.org I compiled and installed it

....Now when it runs and I try to connect from the same machine it says
"Connecting to <my server ip>
  Connected "

But none of the irc commands work after this
If I connect from some X irc client ( Xchat )...there is one more message
that i get after the "Connected " message and that is
"Now logging in ...."
And then it does nothing
What could be the possible reason behind this behaviour ?...

It will be of really great help if you could tell me what are the steps I
need to follow during the configuration and installation of ircd.
One more thing : My machine is under DHCP so I don't have a domainname but
I give the ircd server as my Machine IP ...can this one of the problems ?

TIA

Thanks & Regards
Subodh
_____________________________________