Re: Connecting two ircd servers.

On Tue, Jan 16, 2001 at 03:16:30PM -0800, Chris Gaver Behrens wrote:

> There's nothing wrong with specifying ports in C: lines on both
> sides.  In fact, it's a good idea, if you don't use the default
> of 6667.  That way, you won't have to specify a port when doing
> a local /connect.  (I'm guessing that you confuse this port field
> with 'turning autoconnecting on' which isn't the case.  Autoconn
> is turned on by Y: lines.  (Why is this such a common misconception?))

If you specify a port in the C-line, and the Y-line allows it, it
will try to auto-connect.  You want to make sure that only one of
them does an auto-connect.  You need both the C, and Y-line to
turn it on, or one of them to turn it off.

If a port number is specified in the C-line, or not, you always
have to use the port in /connect.  The code is there to allow it
without the port number, it's documented like that in certain
places, but it doesn't work like that anymore for a long time.

Kurt