Re: ircd i18n, suggested protocol extension

> > Except might breaks some IRC proxies and maybe some weird ircds too.
> An proxy should just forward things, specially if it doesn't know
> about those commands.

I mean those proxies that first let you connect inside them, then give
command to connect to real server, like "proxy server irc.funet.fi 6667". I
don't think clients have ever sent anything else to server at registration
than PASS -> NICK -> USER, so there could easily be proxies that fail if
they receive some weird command from client.

> The easiest thing to do as client is send "PONG mynick a".

Oh, didn't remember PING worked like that.. I've always just sent in PONG
whatever there's after PING, seems to work fine everywhere. So, specs say
PING and PONG has one or two parameters, how about adding the data as third?
Adding parameters shouldn't break things?

> > Server: PING :server LANGUAGE
> > Old client: PONG :server LANGUAGE
> > New client: PONG :server <language code(s)>
> This simply won't work.

Server: PING server nick LANGUAGE
Old client: PONG nick (or whatever other combinations)
New client: PONG nick server <language code(s)>

But maybe the LANG command would be better, it could even be used to change
the language while already being connected.